Re: LF: VLF_8.79 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VLF_8.79 kHz
From: "Alexander S. Yurkov" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 23:30:55 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: [email protected]

> Nice comment from Alex on near-field....long time since we heard from
> you last Alex or maybe I dont read the group enough.

Unfortunely i have very few time for ham radio. But i read this group
regulary. Usualy i don't write here now. But about VLF i wonder to point
out that for near field antenna voltage is more worth then power. Current
is too small...

Also it is funny that in such a condition signal don't depend on frequency
at all! See the formula. But certanly the lower freq the more noise from
power lines (50 Hz) in RX point.

All of this is obviously in framework of electrostatics. But it is
absolutely unusual for radio. Hi. Seems it is a good task for a
student to analyse such a problem.

Practicaly it is good idea to use high voltage ferrite transformer from
old TV set to get high voltage on TX antenna. Make few turns additionaly
as primary wireing is not a problem, big secondary wireing is ready in
such a transformer.

Few km seems to be real. But it is too dificult radiate vlf for large
distance in ham conditions. One need real radiation (not 'electrostatic'
field) for this.

Regards,
Alexander/RA9MB