Re: LF: VLF_8.79 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VLF_8.79 kHz
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:45:11 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=KkdZG7UE8df8d4qzKoSXVGWcG52x6grsrV3oPEE0NoA=; b=cBtk0JCJMYPuAlBN5Gcmr3zGnR3iyG7G9lMxZOozD0jvP8dUax9/kV3tau9tI/yBmI zlkvHztnoAOgxc5HDV/Lru0cvAvdqSgcVEL1H1orYZreOqfBeFUtdaRuLkGFBfY7oCNi jvhefzqIsl9dD2DY2vD+d84/YgtJQfQytc4M4=
Sender: [email protected]
My thoughts precisely.

The phrase attributed originally to Solon the Lawmaker of Athens in 437 BCE (or thereabouts) and subsequently Douglas Bader

As mentioned recently, I tried to apply for a NoV for 8.9kHz  a few years ago.  mainly to allow publicicity 'after the event', whereas if I'd just gone ahead and done it, people may have whinged on principle.

Anyway, Ofcom as was were quite helpful, and even arranged a three way phone conversation with myself,  Ofcom themselves, and a representative of the percveived users of that frequency who may be inconvenienced - the Spherics lightning monitoring people.

The latter were quite open, and said "just go ahead",  they'd see if there would be a problem (I was sure they'd never detect a signal; they were sure they would)    Ofcom said they'd go away and consult on a form of words for a NoV and that's where it all stopped.    Despite chasing, nothing more was heard.   I lost interest in VLF, went back to microwaves and beacon construction, and stopped thinking of how to make a BIG ground loop.