Re: LF: Re: 2200m Trans-Atlantic QSO dream...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 2200m Trans-Atlantic QSO dream...
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 19:01:39 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1521655302; bh=uv2YIi1DqqsQqOxCTXbxlrcFhDZVRGwTlGledrk/0Lk=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=Pw2qlEg/sJgM9bgV1GC1SzuySTMuceMJBQYqChsJhlvWGrhG4h3YzJZnXz1csqirV gR8vHExxngGaNcwzW3kc8DsWughBvjNO99fjwbFfX//0JnSbhem/u9/tVN+iloVGkE g6LdX0v41XqcBpdqgHl5Ae52e5lEHK0diX2HujXvOEqq7WsgYVLHWg7KDAoBgDhmnf IvvnGzSm5LbKjf45wDP9wCowGpgivb8fP8n00A8V1jOiFZIBraxSLzJjVIx2VHou3O q4aZT2A36l0g/B1lWcWUbCio8T0ceU0r4/ZvPJ/ChK+78mQ67mGGT2EdYdN0YkS269 oF3TGGeqCz0oQ==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Paul,

Jay was (and is!?) using a cardioid antenna poiting to the east for that reception, which is certainly a big advantage. But how high or low the noise has been, you don't see it on that spectrogram. A dark noise background does not indicate low QRN, it is just the setting of the brightness slider in SpecLab.

Unfortunately i'm QRMing my own LF RX due to my regular VLF transmissions. But the DF6NM grabber is just 175 km more distant and is active at http://www.df6nm.de/grabber/Grabber.htm

73, GL, Stefan

PS: Using DFCW-90 may be a bit more easy to interprete on the spectrograms. My transmission was in DFCW-90.