Re: LF: Re: 2200m Trans-Atlantic QSO dream...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 2200m Trans-Atlantic QSO dream...
From: N1BUG <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 18:23:04 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
On 03/21/2018 05:01 PM, DK7FC wrote:
> If you have enough space, try to build such a cardioid antenna.

Are we talking about Jay's modified K9AY loop? I have enough space
for that. It is one I have been considering.

> BTW what i wanted to say, your recent images show a very good mechanical
> work, precise built arrangements and QRO oriented, very well!

Thank you for the kind comments, Stefan. I have only simple tools
but I try to do the best work I can. Probably I bring some ideas and
habits from years of building QRO VHF and UHF things.

> You won't expect how rare this is, a good mechanical work in combination
> with beeing active afterwards, not just for a few tests, but regularly.

Well, I take radio very seriously. Maybe too seriously. I'm having
more fun with LF than I had with anything in many years. So much
that I put all other aspects of the hobby aside so that I can put
all available money and time into LF.

> Which software do you use for capturing QRSS-60 on LF?
> SpecLab has an internal noise blanker that can be configured to remove
> as much QRN as possible but leaving as much wanted signal as possible.
> Not like these HF-TRX noise blankers ('high, mid, low').

I have been using Argo because it seemed simple to set up and use. I
am aware of SpecLab and must try it.

73,
Paul