Re: LF: Re: 2200m Trans-Atlantic QSO dream...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 2200m Trans-Atlantic QSO dream...
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 11:42:13 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Paul,

I have been monitoring Canadian NDB's for years now and my findings are that the best propagation in Summer always happens in July.
I have heard quite a few in Summer that I have never heard in Winter.

Even in July there are nights with low static over here in Europe.

The problem is that that these openings are unpredictable. To catch them I am running overnight IQ recordings, which are played back the next day.

To achieve a successful QSO is a different matter.

An other interesting tool for checking propagation is Amalgamated DGPS, which decodes all DGPS channels between 283.5  and 325 kHz simultaneously from an IQ recording.

73,
Roelof, pa0rdt