LF: RE: Full ID

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: Full ID
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 11:04:49 +0100
Accept-language: nl-NL, nl-BE
Acceptlanguage: nl-NL, nl-BE
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Mike, all,

for propagation test purposes (sound much better than beaconing) all we need is
an unambiguous identification. A single character will lead to confusion, but 2
characters should do the job.
So what about using the 2 last characters of the callsign ?
That would make most ID's more or less of the same length.
G3XDV would use "DV", OR7T would use "7T", DF6NM would use "NM" and so on.
I cannot see any conflicts right now (= 2 stations active in propagation tests
with identical 2 last characters).
Is national law requires a full id it can always be send in 12WMP CW.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T