LF: Re: RE: Full ID

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: RE: Full ID
From: "Chris" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 11:20:23 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1293103224; bh=CiACmY2UDseWduB22AVw9NB698//1ew7HmYy4jMJq64=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=Xx9eROq43Hh1FkxUqvZclfULrcopCtU2lVBl6MBeY5zJ2u1odpA+Qa5bQMvg91ZQKTO5vog1S4T6a2t4JB9Ivt1JdBVq5zmo6Z4cgV3kErB/5OwsE6Di68ycXBrbNcaMVW39TIw+wdJm+fMFePLaEmm3EJcYjLlKgSyPFxvNVrc=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=DKIM-Signature:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=R3DLbpNCG8d5mumCUmIqSde5+0SlGIFhFNmQPCeBlaVYNHK9cyuCd5AYayWGtDRNvhXWAvssptC4Id4+WvYbJL9KwPeTFaREoDvIgpt6aFXNEGwfbK1wrdk2sp8PxsNDDZRwhLPKy/+jjqwmtoLHk33R6WRBZEkTv3TnSwkXQHE= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Rik,
The idea is fine. But, the problems I have with this are (1) Stations don't always notify us who they are and what they are up to (Mike, G3XDV, is a perfect example of how it should be done, keeping us FULLY informed), and (2) is where I agree with Stefan, what about listeners (lookers) who are not on this refelector? Two letters are of little use to them. I know two stations near me who look on 137 but are not on here - for various reasons. You just can't beat a full callsign, even if you do sometimes only get snatches of it. As it is, stations are often 'identified' by frequency with very dubious visual evidence!
Chris, G4AYT.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>