Re: LF: Re: RE: Full ID

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: RE: Full ID
From: Scott Tilley <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 08:30:38 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Gee Mal with all that SKILL I wonder why we haven't seen you here yet?

The only QRM I see is the constant BS beacon from Scarborough on this reflector. Too bad you don't beacon your drivel on 2200m as even if the content was your usual high level of nonsense it may help establish the viability of unproven paths.

But that would require real SKILL to do it... And you lack it.

Now speaking to the real hams on the reflector...

Personally, I don't care what someone sends as long as their doing something on the band with some aim. If they choose to send a signal char to conduct an experiment so what? Usually there's someone in the know on the other end anyway...? A single char transmitted at a precise time and QRG is really a source encoded signal and very handy for testing an extreme path like G/VE7. But that's a concept lost on poor old Mal.

I found a handshake process of sending the suffix useful as a way of beginning a QSO sequence for extreme DX QSOs. We even used a single letter as a means of testing prop on the VE7/ZL path. Both stations would alternate sending the first letter in their call. Then upon receipt the the station would change from sending their letter to the letter copied. This if copied by the other station would start a full call exchange at usually a higher speed...

The JAs and I evolved this into using the suffixes in 15min RX/TX cycles. Once we had the QSB patterns mapped we completed a QSO.

Unlike high speed ditty dotty dementia exchanges, slow speed exchanges require a much deeper level of study as you're not committing to a couple minutes (more like seconds) of focus, but an entire night, week of nights or months of nights...! I personally know the toll that takes on family, work and everything else so testing before you commit to the grueling slog is critical.

73 Scott
VE7TIL