LF: Full ID

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Full ID
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 14:54:28 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Markus,

Your suffix is only 18 minutes long but my suffix would take
more than twice as long - 38 minutes - to send at QRSS60.
The 'X' is 14 minutes on its own. So the situation is not
the same for everyone. Many people are using QRSS120 or even
QRSS240 where the problem is even worse.

I try to reduce local QRM and also transmitter and inductor
heating by keeping the duty cycle down - which is also why I
only send once per half hour. I also send a complete CW
ident for those within audible range.

Most DXers on 137 know what the abbreviated calls mean or
can ask on this group.

Mike, G3XDV (X)