Re: R: Re: LF: TXing 2200m WSPR

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: R: Re: LF: TXing 2200m WSPR
From: N1BUG <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 08:18:38 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Clemens,

OK, I understand about capacitive coupling in transformers. So I tried a simple common mode choke. At first 22 turns using RG-178 coax on a FT-114-JC (yes, made a typo last time). No change for better or worse with the choke.

Maybe 22 turns is too much so I made it 18 turns. No change. 16... 14... 12... 10 turns. No change. Is the core too small? I could try stacking a few of these.

I still have to try building a shielded box for the PA and LPF. This will take some days. Maybe it also needs shielding between input and output circuits of the PA.

BTW I forgot to mention during the night I also tried a CM choke on the DC power feed (16 turns, FT-114-JC). No change at all.

If I knew for sure that a different (properly built, proven design class D) PA would work here, I would not put any more effort into this PA. The trouble is I can't know that another PA would be OK.

Note: RG-178 on a coated core is very slippery! But I was able to keep the turns tight with some tape!

Paul N1BUG