R: Re: LF: TXing 2200m WSPR

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: R: Re: LF: TXing 2200m WSPR
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 10:35:46 +0100 (CET)
Sender: [email protected]
Hello everybody,

it's ever interesting to read that somebody else has some troubles as
experienced from myself ;-)
Me too am grateful to Andy for the support I received
while struggling with odd experiences..
Let me join the discussion and share a possible solution: I see that
LPF is a PI version, similar to what I used in the past. It was nice in
RL, armonic suppression and losses when tested with low power
instruments, than I was increasing the wire diameter of coils because
it was a... warming thing! The current was indeed very high in the FETs
(2+2 FETs in push pull) and the RIP area was growing...
After I tried the T LPF (see attachment) no more problems, no more
warming boxes..
You could re-arrange your LPF components for a quick trial and save
some caps ;-)
In my version I had to make some change because the cores were not
available and used T200-A2 cores calculating the turns to get 59 and
109 uH coils.

Maybe it's worth to try ;-)

CU on 137kHz

Marco, IK1HSS