RE: R: Re: LF: TXing 2200m WSPR

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: R: Re: LF: TXing 2200m WSPR
From: "Clemens Paul" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 14:00:34 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Paul,

>I already have plans to build the big T type LPF.

Out of curiosity I've done some spice simulations of your PA.
They indicate that a T type LPF won't help at all.
This was to be expected because your PA is not a class D voltage mode
push pull PA like W1VD's or IK1HSS's or 2E0ILY 's.
Indeed the T type LPF will cause considerably higher voltage spikes at the
FET'S drain.
In the attached screenshot you can see three simulations,each with a different
output filter.
A shunt C LPF,a series L LPF and even a diplexer filter.
The red traces represent voltage at the drain,green is DS current.
With the diplexer voltage spikes are lowest.
But I obviously the filter is not your problem.
It seems that the near field of the antenna is causing the trouble.
I would suggest to try a second isolation transformer or a good
common mode choke *at the shack* end of your coax run instead of building a
T-type LPF.

P.S. Has your Ultimate 3S a LPF installed before you feed it into the PA?

73
Clemens
DL4RAJ