Re: R: Re: LF: TXing 2200m WSPR

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: R: Re: LF: TXing 2200m WSPR
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 07:37:12 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Paul,

adding in my 0.5 cent's worth: Could the scope "blurring " be caused by a high-frequency rather than low-frequency oscillation? At high frequencies, the drain will see the stray inductance of the transformer (or self-resonances at VHF), in parallel to the non-linear output capacitance of the device. This might encourage transient ringing or even parasitic oscillations every time the transistor comes out of saturation. Have you tried a simple "snubber" network (e.g. 1 nF + 10 ohms) at the drain?

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)