RE: R: Re: LF: TXing 2200m WSPR

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: R: Re: LF: TXing 2200m WSPR
From: "Clemens Paul" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 13:08:27 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Paul,

>I can try common mode chokes instead of isolation transformers, but
>will this really be better? Seems if the problem is common mode
>current the iso xfmrs should kill it...??

Basically yes.
But we don't know how much capacitively coupling there is between primary and
secondary
which might partially spoil the RF isolation.
I would just give it a try:
One chocke at the PA output is no big deal.

>I still have a couple of ideas to try: Replace 50uH choke in PA with
>different type core.

In Spice there's only a ca. +/- 0.5Vp voltage swing across the choke.
Hence the flux is less than 10% (3.7mT) of the max. flux for this core.
So no problem with that choke.

>Use completely separate bias supply.

In Spice it makes no difference.

73