Re: LF: MF acty

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: MF acty
From: David Pratt <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:20:37 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

In a recent message, hamilton mal <[email protected]> wrote ...
If u are restricted to BEACON MODE end of story.
Some UK stations inflict themselves with BEACON MODE when they are permitted
to have two way communications.This does not make sense.

You won't be hearing any beacons or data from me on 501-504kHz, Mal, as beacon and data operation is not included on my SRP NoV - just A1A CW.

The definition of a Beacon is in clause 17(g) of the Amateur Licence and is covered by clause 10 and Schedule 2. I note that no Beacons are permitted below 1960kHz (not even on 136kHz) and even then can only be used for DF competitions.

I presume that UK stations operating Beacons on 501-504kHz and on 136kHz must have special permits to do so. I do not.

David G4DMP
Leeds, England, UK
------