Re: LF: MF acty

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: MF acty
From: Peter March <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 18:58:09 +0100 (BST)
Sender: [email protected]
Here  here.

I was hoping to develop my cw skills on 500, but perpetual beacons mean no contacts so don't listen much any more. Sad eh?

73 petefmt

hamilton mal <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi all
Since 500 was authorised in the UK it does not seem to be attracting the 160
m fraternity, who have all the expertise and knowledge and good CW skills.
The predominent mode on 160 is CW and some SSB. These operators know all
about antenna design, propagation, and operating techniques and could put
this information towards developing 500 khz, but there does not seem to be
any attraction towards this band, instead it seems to attract the appliance
operator, bar a few who can work CW.
Today I observed ONE rtty stn, one CW stn, one PSK stn, with no chance of
working each other, what is the point. Others heard were on BEACON only mode
and no chance for a QSO.
Except things change I cannot see this band lasting, it will go the same
wayt as 136 khz DEAD
Look at 160 currently and it is full of acty, mostly CW and DX galore.500
has the same potential but does not have the same calibre of operator.

de G3KEV