Re: LF: MF acty

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: MF acty
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:48:21 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
If u are restricted to BEACON MODE end of story.
Some UK stations inflict themselves with BEACON MODE when they are permitted
to have two way communications.This does not make sense.
We need two way communications for real time assessment of propagation and
not ONE WAY.
Some argue that they get reports from all around the world while in BEACON
mode but forget to mention that they would get the same reports if they were
in QSO.I often get reports from near and far while in QSO mode.
I would suggest a licence for BEACONS only in a selected part of the 500 khz
band, like the German system and another for real  communications by real
radio amateurs preferably using the traditional marine method of CW.
G3KEV