LF: Re: RADCOM

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: RADCOM
From: "Hugh_m0wye" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:24:43 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Mal,
I share your frustration at the lack of Component adverts - but I think the series of "Homebrew" articles by Eamon Skelton EI9GQ has been brilliant.

If you look at a magazine like Dubus, the content seems much more technical.
One of my grumbles is the size of the photographs - particularly the insides of equipment. You will often get a lovely big picture of a group of amateurs, alongside of a microscopic image of the equipment they were using. Or the reviews of new radios will have inside views, but so small as you can't see any detail - what use is that ?

How did people ever find the TIME to do all this building, I don't seem to have time to even do any operating !
There's no doubt about it, nostalgia just ain't what it used to be ...
Radio is a very diverse hobby, I'm sure there are many who enjoy reading the "league tables" and contest reports, it's all amateur radio. Not everybody is interested in building things ... shame.

Hugh M0WYE

----- Original Message ----- From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>