LF: SDR

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: SDR
From: Laurence KL1X <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 06:41:18 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
....and certainly the new rev of software for the SDR IQ 2.31 is a big improvement - I love the NCo carrier null which was my biggest issue beyond IM/XM. Now if they can only automate the carrier null into software so I dont have to push the button and improve the temp freq compensation it would make me really broadly smile, and turn off the AGC on SSB....

....the R75 still is the winner but its getting closer when you consider the pros and cons of being frogmarched and interrogated by N unnamed agencies (again) at some unnamed international airport, versus carrying a small pc board wiv an USB port and a BNC plug on it..

Its a long story.

:-)

Laurence 9V1LF

snip

> I agree... it's not so easy to write articles with a good technical content.
> I'm preparing my first article to be sent to RadCom. It will be on a comparison
> between SDR receivers (SDR-IQ and Perseus in particular, plus some comments
> on the difficulties of specifying and testing SDR designs).
> It took me about 30 hours to do the measurement work, get the data,
> think about it,
> review the data, write the article, sending to a few friends for
> review, correcting it,
> adding some picture and so on. And it is not a construction article,
> only a test
> on existing HW and SW. But I'm convinced that the SDR is a whole new world
> for ham radio, so I did the effort. Some enthusiasm is needed, HI.
>
> 73 - Marco IK1ODO / AI4YF

Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by today! =