Re: LF: RE: RADCOM

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: RADCOM
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:14:36 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On 25 Oct 2007 at 12:10, Michael Probert wrote:

> However, it seems a rather poor take up of the privileged opportunity
> to operate on this interesting band. Excellent transmitter designs by
> M0MBU and GW3UEP (and possibly others )have been posted here but have
> not, as Mal G3KEV has said,  found their way into RADCOM. Possibly
> Dave G3YXM could bring these to the attention of the RADCOM people who
> select construction and design articles. It is of course, a niche
> interest as are many others in amateur radio but regrettably, one is
> drawn to the conclusion that some UK amateurs are a bit tardy when it
> comes to having to build equipment. Re the availability of components,
> this is not really a problem.  The big boys Farnell, Radiocomponents
> and Rapid will now deal direct and the small suppliers that come to
> mind are JAB, Sycom, and Mode Components and numerous others.

The new edition of the Radio Communications Handbook (as advertised
in RadCom) has a few designs for 500kHz gear, including my own
transmitter. This shows that the interest in promoting it is there,
maybe a bit more emphasis can be given in RadCom itself. But we
already have Dave G3YXM's column, maybe this can be reworked to give
it a rather wider appeal (not criticising of course Dave, and I know
you have very limited space, but some issues it does come across as a
minority appeal subject).

November RadCom together with QST arrived in this afternoon's post,
still waiting for my Sprat...

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com