Re: LF: RADCOM

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RADCOM
From: Piotr Młynarski <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 02:08:19 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

The future of amateur radio may already be behind us. :-(

73
Johan SM6LKM

Hi Johan, LF
i am afraid that the problem of technical info in our hobby magazines is only a tiny fraction of a far more dangerous one , much more fundamental. i have an academic post with the university. i give lectures in math and quantum chemistry. there is a dramatic drop in the basic knowledge of math and physics among students. this situation can be observed in the recent decade or so. Moreover, it is even a sort of a "fashion" to know almost nothing about math and physics. when the battery in a pocket calculator dries out it is almost a 'total disaster' . I am not surprised that this 'fasion' gets into our radioamateur magazines . coming back to the main issue. here, in poland, we have two magazines devoted to our hobby and it is exactly the same i.e. the number of ads is growing , there are more and more 'beautiful' pictures of yaesu, icom, kenwood radios and , at the same time, technical info is confined into
5-6 pages out of  about 100 .
the young people across the world have mobile phones, PMR's , LPD's no licenses no knowledge needed.. well Johan i am afraid you are right 73, peter, SQ7MPJ