Re: [EXTERNAL EMAIL] Re: VLF: GOTA

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL EMAIL] Re: VLF: GOTA
From: David Hine <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 18:05:25 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s2048; t=1547229931; bh=DlsHWZLTABt2p2xwctbc4FRZ0Ar3PLFdx1cPZ8owh34=; h=Date:From:Reply-To:To:In-Reply-To:References:Subject:From:Subject; b=J6N0NuIf0rAxH89wOpnkzRV6q8ZuxLzWX+AagMeFK2vabnLwo3nmlRYqaoZ8jnTJxvmOG5vTNIRimlcwFa4WIfIzpk7JC1iWVIBVQ8bTz4oqRzZ7VTr2xugzm1szQcSKM1h/Cr8sQrX7/1mkJofkS4633tZF0x1fBrya2XdHpZ5ugc5RQfPXhlmNQ+/JOgflClCprKCmKq9YLWK285PsHYgRZ6Hpzqnh24tl9o6MZSS958dsIX6Ez8IX3DmbD0Cp88nbK1JoUDuFnV/4V0vAJOz7yVHKfJhd8adeEsvZFlKWmABEhBzzmr8iGoR6ReXMx0f9YZJSozjejA8OtDi3Iw==
References: <[email protected]> <CANA3B6V=UBmf2hJcxOkH7p1hMuHaTBP3uduy7rL-=kL5Mw1p3Q@mail.gmail.com> <[email protected]> <CANA3B6VefKy=hYMunqXtFJ18W=zB-Dj-htgNNv0=bJivS2T54g@mail.gmail.com> <[email protected]> <CANA3B6UDWT69iZtOBgmP+csuU1FvK3nrbY_EpEE3J8JtnqJbvw@mail.gmail.com> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <6DB8451D7F3D3947A5918808A59621EA3151334E@servigilant.vigilant.local> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Paul R.,
My objection was the proposed (GOTA) infrastructure use, such as motorway guards, fences, railway lines etc., and pylon towers as makeshift VLF antennas. This has the potential to upset signalling, and other infrastructure communications, as well as placing wires

and other 'junk' that could also prove a physical hazard. Such activity is strictly illegal, and will lead to a jail sentence if caught on camera. That must be far more important than radio experiments that won't work anyway.
My Wikipedia Project Sanguine reference was adequate for purpose here, and shows how inefficient these obsolete ELF TX antennas really are.
As you know, VLF TX antennas must be vertical polarised -that is vertical masts to be able to radiate a signal, and these have to be

around 1000 feet high to launch a VLF signal effectively. A low horizontal structure at ELF / VLF would have dismally low efficiency, no
 better than a wire Beverage VLF receiving antenna, and that's why I mentioned the Beverage.
Anyway, the main point is never be tempted to use any utility structure (including metal bridges) as any sort of radio antenna.
If you still disagree with my post, ask what the RSGB or Ofcom thinks of this, and report back here their reply.
Regards, David.