Re: LF: Idiot's guide to receiving Ebnaut? - Tutorial part2

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Idiot's guide to receiving Ebnaut? - Tutorial part2
From: Wolfgang Büscher <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 12:52:47 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
It will possibly work if the software (SL) would not expect a 'normal' rectangular pulse, look for the "valid" low->high transition (because some cards have the bad habit of inverting the polarity), expect a minium amplitude (to tell the PPS- from the NMEA signal that is optionally fed into the soundcard on the *same wire*), etc.

http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/speclab/GPS_pps_nmea_combiner.png

But out of curiosity, I will experiment with such an "almost-Dirac" pulse myself, and see what arrives after the signal passed through the soundcard's sigm-delta converter.

Cheers,
   Wolf .