Re: LF: Idiot's guide to receiving Ebnaut? - Tutorial part1

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Idiot's guide to receiving Ebnaut? - Tutorial part1
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 12:58:42 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all,

There must be some progress.
I thought it could be useful to lern how to participate in EbNaut detections by doing 2 exercises.
1: Generating wav files that contain the message
2: Configure the EbNaut decoder to read the wav file successfully.

Step 2 can be done today.
First you need to download the decoder software at http://abelian.org/ebnaut/
Then you need a wav-file containing a message. For this tutorial, you can have a wav file that was generated on my PC. It contains even 2 messages (rare!).
Download the file from: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19882028/LF/10111913.wav
To decode a EbNaut message you have to know the start time, the symbol length, the number of characters and the Coding. These informations are given by the TX stn.
Info for message 1: