LF: WSJT-X v0.2, r2711

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: WSJT-X v0.2, r2711
From: Joe Taylor <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 15:33:29 -0400
Sender: [email protected]

Storm watch: Still no power at my home QTH, and still a very large amount of work to do, cleaning up the mess.

I have posted an installation file for WSJT-X revision 2711 on the WSJT web site. The link for direct download is

http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJTX_02r2711.exe

There are three significant changes since r2706:

1. Three options are now provided on the "Decode" menu, controlling the "depth" of the decoding process. For most purposes I suggest you should use "Normal", but feel free to experiment with the others.

2. Decoding of multiple signals in one Rx interval has been improved.

3. Handling of strong signals has been improved.

As you can see, the JT9 decoder is still evolving. Many more enhancements are in the works, including the ability to track a slowly drifting signal.

PLEASE, if you discover and report issues with WSJT-X, be sure to tell which version was in use.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT