Re: LF: JT9 buggy issues

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: JT9 buggy issues
From: Steinar Aanesland <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 21:17:02 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Roger , I think the latest ver is r2698
http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx.exe

Here is from Joe, K1JT earlier today

----

"Many thanks for all the early feedback on WSJT-X, both on- and off-list.

A number of users have reported that PTT is not being properly released
when as transmission is finished.  I have not yet found a computer that
exhibits this problem... and needless to say, it did not arise for any
of us who made the first on-the-air tests.  For this reason, running
this bug down has not been easy.

If you have experienced this problem, please try replacing the wsjtx.exe
that you got with the download with one I have posted at
http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx.exe

Depending on the nature of the problem, this one might issue an error
message when it fails to turn off the PTT successfully.  Or it might
solve your problem, as it did for W7IUV.

One important note went out to the first testers, but was not in my more
open announcement.  This early program version may not properly
re-initialize all parameters when you change between JT9 submodes.  To
be sure, it's probably best to restart the program after changing modes.
 This will be fixed soon!

I see that despite these early teething problems, a number of QSOs are
being made tonight with JT9.  I look forward to hearing summaries of
your experiences!

    -- 73, Joe, K1JT

LA5VNA Steinar
loc:JO59jq