LF: JT9 buggy issues

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: JT9 buggy issues
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 19:04:22 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=/k7xuO75OB36CXBJZ+KXVyz+zuZzIeOlU7vEz9ZebeU=; b=zW/+u+xbs5GvzAc4J/Uu6qbX73jPIEkkeL5CWWoKLX36GwKYyd8BUhI2fN2TPFOH9M Xc3gdqdX5rSk6uyhUKlpWC7yGwALTygvcAUYQCLY8b9ZyQmNrHyX3JpqxNvD4GclM1Km BOYpx0Dc9D8bpeImsCrAyrj+sWqZpUkJ0gZZaK150BoBaqo89eyjnJcCBU45dqAREcuX vbLbeiLMnSILYqck/f3J8BFPMHI6fA/k+vXrfSgVTTU80cmgqW2XqRbVf7noyPneUz/H JsW95Kh+bq+V1qHJrNaDrPMg9q+ZSyVBYIhdkV3H0+2YxtIW6GZwAlEJ0xhpI2cCAQjp 8S4w==
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Joe (et al),

I have installed the software but am having a few issues when using JT9-2 (and JT9-1 I think).

After about 1 minute or so, the program just closes itself and disappears from the PC screen. Everything else works fine still on the PC. I downloaded the newer .exe file which was meant to overcome the TX issue, but I haven't got that far yet, HI.

I am using a SignalLink VOX controlled sound card interface that I use for WSPR. Also, when I reload the program I have to reload my callsign, grid etc.every time. This doesn't seem to get saved? The program is still in its infancy and lots of bugs will be found and ironed out soon I am sure. For information, I am using a Dell Inspiron 630m WinXP machine which works fine for WSPR and JT65HF.

Did manage to copy PA0A this morning on 500kHz JT9-2 and wasn't aware of the crashing out issue then, but I was not on long.

Although I very much hope to use the mode for QSOs please do not underestimate the value of a weak signal beaconing function with an internet database. This has proved extremely valuable on WSPR as people sometimes leave a RX and PC running to monitor when they are busy and not available for QSOs. There will be far more people able to receive and report than TX on MF/LF. This is especially true on 136kHz.

73s
Roger G3XBM

--
http://g3xbm-qrp.blogspot.com/