Re: LF: Forwarding or replying to Yahoo

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Forwarding or replying to Yahoo
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 10:11:52 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

I may have done the same. But honestly, I don't feel bad about it, as I think there's nothing wrong in doing so.

Anyone can join the Blacksheep reflector. So I would consider anything I post here as "said in public", open to fair citation. If this is not your intent it would indeed be more appropriate to revert to direct mail.

Personally I have no reservations about my contributions appearing on "the web". To me, the internet is not some kind of moloch but a very useful means to share and retrieve information. In my opinion it's a bit heretic to use Google every day, and at the same time complain about contributing content to a searchable archive.

Regarding Yahoo and BS, I never found it desirable to have two groups in parallel. And I don't think "opt out for crossposting" is a viable solution. Often we have long (and sometimes valuable ;-) threads, from several different contributers. When replying, would you seriously expect us to search for anything that might have been said by a person of the "no" group, and carefully cut it out? Again, citation according to generally accepted rules should be freely allowed.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)

PS it would be nice if we all would try to care for valid subject lines, and replace those whenever a thread has drifted away from the original topic.

Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2012 8:57 AM
Subject: Re: LF: test

Stefan, I may have done this. I have sometimes had
[email protected]. in the Cc field when I have replied to
an email. I sincerely apologize if I've done something stupid to you. It
has never my intention. My goal has been to inform , not to step on some
people. I am deeply sorry

LA5VNA Steinar
loc:jo59jq
www.opera.no