Re: LF: Re: Black Sheep

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Black Sheep
From: John Gould <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 10:03:17 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=LmTsCRf7Mb0LRr7eHx2pgVF/21tU7Y08R3fKBWcfrkM=; b=p9HXlULMCg/KodI1vclQfH37mvbMv0LgsJDy3fCggLjjnlFfwhzZGqtzrFASijfwnW Yt/NZ9jyT36YAr77N5Fke8xpTO36JS+b+1UNDMhSRH83zve3K3WtdlXBLbHJBOIcFSU3 fF9dNX+fntD9Dr1t2B9nw6pAVLj9WGS2KB2AOMlzf5BDvOOeIv+3rQnPGyzZKh2p4Ket IjLkmIGe3Q/91Cw5Jl8b+47Dy5dodmH3khTaG+FF3xCkO2s3xD4jo0NzYSACbekVTlWc ffYCUKckFl/xZmqT9uYyhnFSJWEMjHnFvgL45/hfnfkOifbLa8NFxM2RWShd8e6jv7aH Y2og==
Sender: [email protected]

Stefan,

Sorry that you weren't able to vote - very odd - not had that reported before.

Of course I will understand that there will be some that either can't vote, like you, or won't vote (for a variety of reasons) and this goes both ways.

I don't really want to administer two groups, especially this one as it's cumbersome to do, but equally I am not keen to effectively take away a facility that a few people use really effectively.  I have to admit that I can't understand what the fuss is about and moreso the poor behaviour by a few; it's just doesn't match with the ethos of amateur radio.

I am somewhat swayed by the suggestion that this list could be used for QSO related posts, a bit like the Cluster, and leave the more technical discussion to the Yahoo! Group list where one has the additional facilities.  Short-term information of this sort isn't wanted by everyone and doesn't need to be searched after the event, so having two lists for the different functions has some logic.

Stefan,  I'll try and do the right thing - hopefully, some clarity will come when the emotion runs its course.

73 John, G3WKL