Re: VLF: 8970.02 Hz + 10th

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: 8970.02 Hz + 10th
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:15:29 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Jacek,

Yes, that's indeed an interesting issue! I have observed the same, you still can see it on my grabber. So maybe we see an effect that shows us that we shouldn't just think: "The less noise, the better the SNR". I assume that this effect is rather an issue arround 6...9 kHz, where the sferic energy has its maximum. I assume this since i observe that e.g. DHO38 or all the MSKs are no so strong affected by this propagation change since the SNR increases and the signal levels are about the same while below 9 kHz the signals AND noise decreases and the SNR slightly decreased! Fixed antennas at constant power and many grabbers are very useful to observe these local effects live.

BTW if we see the SNR of OE5ODL here in about 400 km distance, it is probably that G3XIZ can reach Germany in DFCW-6000 as well, if he uses his balloon antenna! :-)

73, Stefan