RE: LF: Re: Separate Receiving Antenna?

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Re: Separate Receiving Antenna?
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:09:55 +0100
Accept-language: nl-NL, nl-BE
Acceptlanguage: nl-NL, nl-BE
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Tony,

a quick and dirty simulation of the 125m tower shows a radiation resistance of 1 Ohm and a capacitance of 2.5nF (what is a reactance of 460 Ohm at 137kHz).
So you would need only 0.55A antennacurrent to get 1W ERP, resulting in a antenna voltage of less than 300V.

If the choke has a reasonable Q you coult place a parallel capacitor and make the LC circuit resonant at 137kHz. Cheap polyprop film cap's should do the job.

73, Rik  ON7YD