LF: Re: Separate Receiving Antenna?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Separate Receiving Antenna?
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 10:28:22 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Tony
Use the same antenna for both TX/TX. This is what I do at my QTH and if works very well. On RX some control over gain would be convenient to set the optimum front end RX gain. ie an adjustable attenuator. It also depends on the RX in use. A vy sensitive RX would probably need attenuation whereas a poor RX needs plenty of antenna gain.
The ic - 706 works fb with a big antenna but vy poor on short antennas. I have several receivers and they are all different on LF and MF
Separate antennas for RX are ok if you have plenty of space to keep them away from the influence of the main Antenna.
On RX a large antenna has the advantage of plenty of capture area for weak signals without preamps and related complications.
I am QRV every day on 137.7 and await a call from you, also active daily on 502.5 Kcs. CW and QRS3.
Its a long time since our last CW qso
73 de mal/g3kev