LF: RE: Separate Receiving Antenna?

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: Separate Receiving Antenna?
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 00:00:40 +0100
Accept-language: nl-NL, nl-BE
Acceptlanguage: nl-NL, nl-BE
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Tony,

nice to see a message from you after long time. I remember our QSO's on 137kHz in the late 90's.

Big antennas have the reputation of being poor RX antennas, maybe because they overload the RX.
Maybe a 30 to 50dB attenuator between antenna and RX might help.
About a separate RX antenna: if my memory does not fail there was a 137kHz test at big commercial antenna in the UK (maybe 10 years ago) where was reported that even a small RX antenna (loop ?) in the vincinity of the big antenna failed to work because of unwanted coupling.
Best solution might be a RX antenna at some distance (some km) with a RF link.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T