Re: VLF: 8970.02 Hz + 10th

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: 8970.02 Hz + 10th
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:16:47 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Gary,

Well, i see an offset of the Alpha trace by about 20 mHz, so your SL session is not locked to a reference signal. Furthermore the Alpha trace is suddenly disappearing. Why? There was no temporarely shut down of the Alphas tonight. The two dashes in the frequency range of interest disappear at about the same time when the Alpha trace disappears. I would assume the dashes are local noise but i cannot be sure of course.

Officially, just OE5ODL is transmitting on the Dreamers Band today. You can check his and my grabber ( http://www.langwelle.at/ ) to compare times and frequencies. My grabber is locked to GPS if the displayed Alpha trace appears at 11904.7619 Hz.
Especially on 1 mHz and below it is recommended to have a stable RX. So you may control if your SL session is locked to the choosen reference, e.g. GQD/22.1 kHz (see attachment).

73, Stefan/DK7FC