Re: LF: OE5ODL VLF ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: OE5ODL VLF ?
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:05:51 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Jacek,

Well, i am looking on his VLF grabber at http://www.langwelle.at/ If i remember correctly it is in about 10 km distance to him, so in the far field and mostly affected by the groundwave (so less affected by propagation effects). So his signal/ERP could be expressed by the color scale visible there. Today it looks as if he hasn't used the balloon antenna section. If that distance to F4DTL was done was with the fxed antenna... Impressing! But the QRN is as low as never observed since i am monitoring VLF. In average i estimate 20 dB less than in summer. And the times of low QRN is currently about 10 hours and 2...3 hours in summer! :-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC