Re: LF: QRM 498-502 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRM 498-502 kHz
From: John P-G <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 21:41:22 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 21:17:07 +0100
John P-G <[email protected]> wrote:

> It seems strange that I can't hear it but that might help rule in/out
> a possible location?
>
> I'll keep looking.

I spoke too soon! I think I can see it on a waterfall now, but using a
passive wire antenna. Whether the ALA1530 loop has a low enough noise
floor to use it to DF is a moot point. I'll keep an eye on things see
if I can get something to get a bearing on.

In the meantime I've set up SpecLab to save a grab every 5 minutes to
my public Dropbox folder, here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3551430/gm4slv.jpg

The grabber covers 497.6 - 499.2 which shows the LF edge of the noise
at 498kHz. I might have to think about a Perseus now, to look at
wider areas. An SSB bandwidth suddenly looks so limited!

Cheers,

John