Re: LF: QRM 498-502 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRM 498-502 kHz
From: John P-G <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 07:40:15 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 23:38:51 +0100
"Lee Hudson" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi John, Roelof, Graham, and all,
>
> Set up the grabber here so you can see the signal I refer.

Thanks Lee.

I could only watch the LF edge on my own grabber. I'll look at the HF
edge tonight perhaps.

It appears that there's a wideish carrier at the LF side of the
noise-like modulated signal at approx 497.830kHz and a very clean
carrier inside the noise envelope at 498.500. There's no energy within
a few Hz of this 2nd carrier, which might suggest it is part of the
overall signal in some way?

I see that these carriers fade up and down at the same times as the
wideband noise-like signal, which also suggests they are all part of
the same transmission?

The signal wasn't too strong with me, and it's certainly not hindered
my reception in the 501.1 WSPR slot - I've received WD2XSH/17 quite
well over the last few days, and also /37 a couple of times too.

If the mystery signal is strong enough tonight I'll try to DF it with
my Wellbrook loop, but can't promise anything.

Cheers,
John
GM4SLV