Re: LF: QRM 498-502 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRM 498-502 kHz
From: Paul-Henrik <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:35:38 +0300
Sender: [email protected]
Hello John, Lee & co.

The wideband noise was audible again last night in Vaasa, Finland for 20 to 30
minutes. I checked the time once and it was past 01.00 local time, so past
2200UTC. There was clearly QSB on the "signal" and it was moderate in strength
while audble. I apologize for the somewhat inaccurate times but I only followed
this while doing other things meanwhile.

>From various comments on this signal here and on other lists I get the
impression it is received continuously after dark in northwestern central
Europe including G and EI.

Does this suggest the above mentioned areas are within the first "hop" (<2000km)
of the signal source but my location requires the signal to travel at least two
hops since "regular" nighttime propagation alone is not enough to bring the
signal over here? I know there has been speculations regarding this with very
valid arguments already, just wanted to add my findings to the "list of
evidence".

BR

Paul-Henrik, OH1LSQ