Re: LF: 8.97kc - TV transformer info needed

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 8.97kc - TV transformer info needed
From: "Mike.WE0H" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 09:37:49 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

I tried a microwave oven power transformer the other night but it wasn't as efficient as this TV transformer. I couldn't get even 100v out of it with the same input signal that gives me 300v out of this TV transformer. Is it the turns ratio or the ferrite core verses the iron core?

As that one fellow said, these TV transformers are antiques and prone to failure. If it goes up in smoke; the end, off the air...hi hi
I only have one to use.

Mike
WE0H

riese-k3djc wrote:
I need to look around for an old tube TV for the same thing

Just wondered how well a neon sign transformer would work.
back in the days I used a pair of HV transformers
back to back as a modulation transformer which appeared to work as well as one designed for that. so it passed good audio up to 3Khz at
least
I also use a standard transformer in a LF converter which works well up to 200 Khz or so. The point being would an iron core transformer work in low power tests at elf ? Bob K3DJC