Re: LF: 8.97kc - TV transformer tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 8.97kc - TV transformer tests
From: Horst Stöcker <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 10:15:50 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Mike,
300Vpp behind the transformer is not so much. How many primary windings do you
have and what PA power?
In my case the primary coil has just 10 windings for maximum ratio. But not
every PA will take this impedance that is not far from a short circuit.
For a ground antenna an audio transformer will be the better choice. TV
transformers bring relatively high voltages to a short vertical.
With this the antenna is still out of resonance. TV transformers as loading
coil? At about 500mH oe could thik about this. But I assume too mauch losses
for low power and at high power the transformer will be blown.
Horst DO1KHS/DI2AN