LF: Re: 8.97kc - fuse for TV transformer

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 8.97kc - fuse for TV transformer
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 12:21:34 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On 30 May 2010 at 12:28, Horst Stöcker wrote:

> some minutes before it did a weak click. Shock: Have I blowen the TV
> transformer. Good luck, it was just the fuse of my PA. No problem. But I
> possibly should add a fuse to my TV transformer. Does anybody know how
> many A the transformer will take? Horst DO1KHS/DI2AN

It should be borne in mind that all these types of LOPT's are now
antiques. Split Diode type line output transformers have been universal
in TVs and monitors for the last 25-30 years. So you are really on your
own as far as data or reliability are concerned.

A normal TV LOPT will be working with a peak feed current to the
primary of around 400mA. Anything more than that and you will soon have
a molten blob. In the age when these kinds of transformers were used,
usually with an external tripler, they were very much the weak link in
sets and were failing all the time.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com