Re: LF: 8.97kc - TV transformer info needed

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 8.97kc - TV transformer info needed
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 08:18:42 -0400
Sender: [email protected]

I need to look around for an old tube TV for the same thing

Just wondered how well a neon sign transformer would work.
back in the days I used a pair of HV transformers
back to back as a modulation transformer which appeared to work as
well as one designed for that. so it passed good audio up to 3Khz at
least
I also use a standard transformer in a LF converter which works
well up to 200 Khz or so. The point being would an iron core transformer
work in low power tests at elf ?

Bob K3DJC