Re: LF: Minimum content of a valid QRSS/DFCW QSO?

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Minimum content of a valid QRSS/DFCW QSO?
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:33:33 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Stefan,

for EME (see : http://www.nitehawk.com/rasmit/g3sek_op_proc.pdf )

The definition of a minimum valid QSO is that both stations have copied all of the following:
1. Both callsigns from the other station
2. Signal report from the other station (or some other previously unknown piece of
information, e.g. the other station?s Locator grid)
3. R from the other station, to acknowledge complete copy of 1 and 2.

I believe this is a standard that also can be used for weak signal modes on LF.
What you suppose almost meets this requirements, except for the fact that you (and Marcus) need to transmit both (full) callsigns at least once:

Me: "dk7fc/p k"  (the /p may be cancelled but it is "my label" ;-) )
Markus: "dk7fc df6nm O k"
Me: "df6nm fc r M sk"
Markus: "r sk"

I think the "fc" in the 3dr transmission is not required.
About the /p : optional, it takes 20 minutes in DFCW120

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T