Re: AW: LF: Ionospheric VLF propagation

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: AW: LF: Ionospheric VLF propagation
From: Paul Nicholson <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:01:42 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Stefan schrieb:
> ... you display an audio stream from the sicilian VLF stn
> in 1438km. So, you may know how strong the average noise level
> and it's behavior as a function of daytime is.

The rx is not calibrated, nor have I looked at background
variation.  I will set up something to record relative average
background, we can see what the diurnal looks like and pick a
good time from that.

> Do you mean it is possible to reach that station in DFCW 600
> if i increase to 4mW ERP?

I don't know.  I guess the signal will be detected with some
integration, no problem.  But decoding a message?  Not sure,
your 4mW signal might be about 2 or 2.5fT at Caselle, but we
don't know the background noise.
--
Paul Nicholson