Re: LF: Question about ground impedance at 8.97 KHZ Stefan.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Question about ground impedance at 8.97 KHZ Stefan.
From: "Johan H. Bodin" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 21:32:16 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Paul,

it sounds like your impedance bridge is measuring the absolute impedance
(that is Z = (R^2 + X^2)^0.5 where R is the real part, resistance, and X
is the imaginary part, reactance). R is probably a 10 to a few hundred
ohms, most of it is ground resistance - it can be neglected - the major
part of your impedance is the capacitive reactance of the antenna (Xc).
At 9 kHz, where C = 1/(2*Pi*9000*Xc), 70 kOhms means 253pF which is in
the ballpark for your 170' wire (about 5pF/m).

73
Johan SM6LKM

----