LF: AW: Re: Question about ground impedance at 8.97 KHZ

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: AW: Re: Question about ground impedance at 8.97 KHZ
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 15:12:34 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Jim, VLF,

>The earth system was 4 - 6, 1m long, ground rods, spaced a
few metres around the feed point.

That sounds very interesting and makes me hopefully to be able to decrease my
earth losses.

On LF, the copper plate on the ground is a fine solution for /p but on VLF it
seems not. The bad conducting stones on the way on the field give a capacitive
coupling to ground (with low losses on LF) but on VLF the stones (or the bad
conducting layer before reaching the ground) seem to cause significant losses.
So i will try to hammer some hidden ground rods into the field and will measure
the part of antenna current in them. I am curious about what will be the
benefit :-)

My goal is to reach 1A antenna current what will cause 30kV rms on the
coil/wire and an ERP of 6,5mW.

73, Stefan/DK7FC

...>Will you prepare a TX system on the dreamers band as well? Than we could
repeat our CW QSO just like on 137kHz ;-)...>

Based on the experience of the last few weeks, in order to achieve anything
more than very short range communication, it will be neccessary for me to
use the /P site I have used for the receive tests for transmission also.
This requires some diplomacy with the owner of the site, who is one of my
relations. I am working on it...

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU

<<winmail.dat>>