Re: AW: LF: KITE ANT

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: AW: LF: KITE ANT
From: pws <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 19:12:44 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

You asked:
> Peter, you are in Kiel. This may be one of the best regions in germany for
> kite antennas :-) Which kite have you used for your tests? Anything better
> than the "Jumbo power sled 36" (or 81)?

Ordinary Deltas of ~4 m^2. Strong enough to lift myself at >4 Beaufort. We
tried much more than 200m of rope and I remember my back somersault
touching the wire first time. We got up to ~9cm of spark lengths on a dry
summer day. Receiving levels were incredible, overloading a rx1001m
(Hagenuk) around 20 kHz.

Greetings to Heidelberg,
Peter, df3lp