AW: LF: KITE ANT

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: AW: LF: KITE ANT
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 18:34:33 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Dave, LF,

Yes, i know about these problems with wet braids. It is not only a problem of
kite antennas. I had the same problem on my LF QTH in 2003. As mentioned i
think a very well suited material is teflon. This is often used in HV
applications when light weight is a question. Maybe i use some additional
braid, say 0,5m between the kite carrying braid so if it melts, just the wire
and not the kite falls down.

Tnx for your hints.

73, Stefan/DK7FC