Re: LF: KITE ANT

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: KITE ANT
From: "Mike.WE0H" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:02:29 -0600
Sender: [email protected]

That is exactly what I was thinking. That way the balloon will stay above the feedpoint. Weedwhip (plastic) line would work great for the support cords (ropes) and double as good insulators. Add mode guy lines if more tophat is needed, it will look like a giant rain umbrella.

Mike
WE0H/8

Rik S wrote:
Mike, group,

what about a "construction" as in the attached figure ?
I will provide topload and keep the balloon position more stable.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T

WE0H wrote:
I was thinking of a balloon supported inverted L. No doubt whatever antenna is used, adding a hat will up the ERP greatly.

Mike
WE0H/8