Re: LF: Keyboard Modes for 600 Meters

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Keyboard Modes for 600 Meters
From: John Andrews <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:11:45 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Graham,

I don't think I got round to running those two, they are coded in multipsk , but from experience 'wide' systems didn't appear to travel very well on 500 . The systems that I listed are simple on/off change state , which could be modulated by simple carrier frequency switching ,
We've had decent results with the MFSK stuff, much better than with any
of the non error-corrected modes that run at reasonable speed for a
chat. But a sound card and SSB exciter is needed unless you want a
substantial DDS programming project. As you say, all of these modes were
designed for HF lunchbox use with SSB and linearity assumed.
John A.